Helping Make Your Ideas a Reality
State-of-the-Art Testing & Inspections for Product Development
The Center for Building Innovation (CBI) is a state-of-the-art research, testing, and Type A (Third Party) inspection facility, specializing in innovative product development by providing supporting data for approval of alternative materials, products, designs and/or methods of construction. Our customers range from innovative composite material developers to more traditional concrete, wood and steel users.
In addition, CBI’s expertise includes but is not limited to installed structural assembly R&D, testing and inspections, calibrating test data to establish material properties for use in finite element design programs, and forensic investigations.
Innovation by Listening
We listen to your needs and work together to find the best testing, quality control, and third party inspection path to success for your distinct innovation. Our collaborative approach leads to tailored solutions with proven results.
Many innovative groups have told us they would not be where they are today without our staff’s help, expertise and commitment. Recent examples include DA3D, HWS Global, TST, Truss Brace Solutions, and WEAVERCOOKE DESIGN-BUILD™.
From needs analysis to success in the market, we help accomplish your mission by:
- Reviewing the material, product, design, method of construction, and/or service offerings you want to cultivate.
- Understanding the pain points your innovation addresses.
- Identifying the unique characteristics that differentiate your innovation in the market.
- Determining the most effective method(s) for testing.
- Creating a logic-based test plan that results in accredited test reports.
- Delivering code-approved Research Reports through DrJ Certification that define the performance characteristics of your product or service.
- Providing approved Inspection Agency reports to streamline building department inspections.
Let’s Get Started
Whether you’re bringing a new material, product, design, or method of construction to market or are ready to optimize and expand your current offerings, contact us us to learn how our unique approach to testing and inspection services are designed to wrap our capabilities around your needs.
Our team will conduct a free needs analysis to learn more about your product or service and demonstrate how we’ll be a good fit for your requirements. Learn more about our technical services and how our family of services can support your market development journey from idea to implementation.
Learn more about the Qualtim Family of Services and how our expertise can help bring your innovation to market.